Sandhill Center is closely monitoring information surrounding the COVID-19 virus and we are notifying all members of our program community of the preventative steps we are taking to protect our staff and students.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO PRESUMPTIVE OR ACTIVE CASES OF COVID-19 AMONG OUR STUDENTS, STAFF OR FACULTY POPULATIONS.
We are strictly following the CDC recommendations for the prevention of the Coronavirus including the implementation of proactive measures for cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and linens https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/home/cleaning-disinfection.html
Medical staff are monitoring daily updates from CDC, WHO, State & Local Health Departments.
All staff have been trained on flu prevention information and on how to identify potential symptoms for COVID-19.
Established a revised screening process for admissions, including questions about recent fevers, travel overseas, and family members’ potential risk factors for the virus. Anyone posing a risk to our treatment centers will not be admitted.
STAFF & STUDENTS
- All staff and students are screened daily for symptoms.
- Any staff exhibiting flu-like symptoms will be immediately sent home and asked to visit a medical professional for testing.
- For any student exhibiting flu-like symptoms, we will immediately contact local health care professionals for the next steps on the appropriate course of action.
- We will be limiting off-campus trips
- Canceling events that would include large gatherings of people
- New admissions will be screened for flu-like symptoms and transport to our facility will be recommended via driving or private transport only—avoiding air travel.
- Daily check-in’s with students for symptoms
- Posted signs in all treatment areas and residences explaining the importance of hand sanitation, and illness prevention.
- Increased sanitization of equipment and facilities by having the staff clean and disinfect high touch surfaces in common areas
- Increased access to sanitation stations through the campus at entry and exit points
- Additional cleaning supplies available to staff and students to help sanitize as needed.
- Increased availability and use of alcohol-based hand rub and making sure that tissues are available and sinks are well stocked with soap and paper towels for hand washing.
- Implemented mandatory training for every employee on hand washing and hand sanitization and cough etiquette, and strict employee, client and visitor compliance with washing/sanitizing hands thoroughly in accordance with CDC guidelines
For Current families of Sandhill Center please refer to recent emails from program leadership regarding visitation policies and any additional updates.
More information about the coronavirus can be found at: www.cdc.gov/coronaviru